Ariane results are used in your publication(s),
feel free to reference Ariane and to send us
your publication references (thanks).
What is Ariane
Ariane is a computational tool (Fortran 90/95) that is dedicated to
the offline calculation of 3D streamlines in the output velocity field of
an Ocean General Circulation Model (OGCM) such as
OPA-NEMO, ROMS, Symphonie and any ocean model whose equations are based on volume conservation.
Water mass or current transports are calculated from the displacement of multiple, numerical water particles.
The algorithm is fast and accurate since it is based on analytical calculations.
Each trajectory segment respects locally the continuity equation and the method allows backward integration of trajectories.
The Ariane application, which is freely put at the whole scientific community's disposal, is developped with a view to being easy to use, and for the sake of high performance and portanility. More ...
Ariane application is distributed under the French Free Software license CeCILL.
Application access is free but you have to be registred (download section).
Screenshots - animations
What can Ariane do for you?
Some screenshots and animations are available to illustrate Ariane capabilities. More
Online tool to create Ariane namelist file!
- june 2019: Ariane-v2.3.0_02.tar.gz
- Bug fixes
- Adapted to Mars3D model.
- january 2018: Ariane-v2.2.9_00.tar.gz
- Searching (and finding) NetCDF libraries is improved :-)
- Adapted to the separation of C and Fortran netcdf libraries.
- Has been well tested by developpers, have to be more tested by users !
References and publications
- Please subscribe to the
to have access to news, support and help.
- This is also for us the mean to evaluate the popularity of this
product, who use it and what for.
- More ...
- Tutorial (html, pdf).
- Compilation and Installation Notes (html, pdf).
- How to write an Ariane namelist file? (html, pdf).
- How to reference Ariane in your publications.
- More ...
Last modifications - October 2019